Ways to a Bright Inner Constellation

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Today I had the entire day off with great intentions that quickly became sidetracked (Damn, that Wimbledon!). Finally, at 6:40 in the evening, I'm sitting down to do the much anticipated--write to you all. I know you can relate to becoming distracted and pulled in multiple directions. The day was not coincidental, however, and I find myself drawing on the framework of my Inner Constellation practice:

1) Find True North - in ancient days of star navigation sailors found their ways in uncharted territory by locating the North Star. What's your North Star, that which is most fundamental in life? If my North Star is becoming a professional tennis player (not!), watching six hours of Wimbledon might have been a great first step, in addition to getting off the couch and playing a few sets myself! This brings us to number 2....

2) Chart Your Course - what tools keep you headed in the direction of your North Star? For me, tools like EFT, hypnosis, exercise and writing keep me on track. For more on this step, consider reading the blog articles in the category entitled "Chart Your Course," which has lots of meaty information that might prove useful.

3) Arrival - similar to a sailor heading in the direction of the North Star, arrival occurs in each small step, not miles out in the future. I'll let you in on a secret, one of my North Stars is compassion. How did I practice compassion while watching Wimbledon? Hmm, let me stretch a bit....I made two collage cards, one for friends of mine and another for my sister and her new husband. Um, I cuddled with my cat and husband, made us a Lasagna (we worked up an appetite watching the tennis). I could keep stretching, but you get my point. Each moment holds potential.

I don't feel so bad sitting around watching Wimbledon all day! If you wish to dive deeper into the above three, my website goes into more detail (the green box entitled, "Meet Karla,"). Also, in the next few days I'll write articles highlighting each step: Find True North, Chart Your Course, and Arrival. This is my personal "Chart Your Course" promise to keep me from viewing too much Wimbledon! You might notice that the blog is set up with these three themes in mind. TTFN, Wimbledon is back on--JK.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment