Do you know how loved you are?

Saturday, December 3, 2011
"Yogini" by Karla Johnston & Punkin
It's 20 degrees in the sunshine today, and I decided to do my body practice indoors (body practice, huh? Read my Inner Constellation Compendium). My yoga moves caught my cat's attention and she revived out of a dead sleep, sauntered over and began chewing on my braid (I was in Child's Pose). Then, as I entered into Up Dog, she collapsed beneath me, obstructing my path. I proceeded anyway, like I usually do, so she moved off to the side (just a little) and began rolling on her head in the sunshine. Now, she's a flirtatious little creature and knew this antic always captures my attention. So, of course, I went into Corpse Pose early and lay down beside her, head-to-head.

Have I told you I believe cat's have the power of telepathy? Between her contented little grunts, I heard this still voice, "Do you know how loved you are?" My heart swelled, and I had to fight the urge to draw her closer. But, she's taught me over the years how to be a good cat owner, so rather than disturb her, I opened my heart even fuller and simply soaked, just like my kitty in the sunshine. As I was soaking, I had an insight: if I had expressed my heart's fullness by scooping her up, rather than getting closer to the affection, I would have actually interfered with her contentment--true love respects one's autonomy. Another a-ha followed: love, joy, peace, contentment, those energies I classify as feeling-good, cannot be grasped or held onto but operate best when allowed to expand.

Well, with these realizations transmitted, the Yogini rolled onto her back and went even deeper into her quivering-paw Goodness. Do you know how absolutely loved you are?

3 comments/leave a comment:

  1. GKSJ said...:

    Since we have 4 cats now I understand what you have written. I just love your insight and what a wonderful person you are inside and out. Miss you.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    you captured the moment beautifully...

  1. Unknown said...:

    Beautiful. Rather than taking the moment for yourself, you shared it with another in the truest form of how it can be expressed.

Post a Comment