Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!!!

Sunday, December 25, 2011
"Oh, if you only knew yourselves! You are souls; you are gods. If ever I feel [that I am] blaspheming, it is when I call you man."

Swami Vivekananda

When I read the above quote this week of Christmas it reminded me of something Jesus said. He had been accused of blasphemy for calling himself, "Son of God." He defended himself with a similar response, "Do your own scriptures not say, 'You are gods?'"

Today I ponder the celebration of a baby who identified himself as child of the Almighty by fully embodying Source Energy in the form of a human body. He emphasized he was not an exception and encouraged others to his god-like standard, saying "greater things shall you do." Do we, like Jesus, understand our potential for holiness? Do we know the great works we are capable of achieving?

Joy, peace, love, hope--these are attributes of the Christmas season. Everyday we can practice incarnating these North Stars through our words and actions. Today, may we be reminded of our precious natures and the powers within to reflect the same in others. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!



0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment