"My Soul Magnifies...."

Friday, May 23, 2014
I woke with three words repeating like a mantra in my head this morning, as soon as my eyes opened and my feet hit the floor..."My soul magnifies...."

This month's IC theme is Dreamtime and although I do dream fairly actively, I wake with word snippets on many more occasions:

"My soul magnifies...."

Curious me, typed the line into a Google search and what popped up caused me to grin like a fool. These three words are part of Mother Mary's proclamation after she was told by the angel Gabriel, "Um, some news--you're pregnant." Mary's one of my spiritual ancestors so her being credited with the line distilled it even stronger. As I journaled, I thought of the metaphor of seeds (one of my favorite) and here's what I wrote:

"As with any seed, we are endowed with gifts entirely specific based on our entirely unique life experiences--recognize, clarify, magnify."

Wow, I had to take pause and really let such a proclamation sink deep. I thought of the little sunflower seed, how it has everything inside to initiate and coax its beautiful form. Aren't we the same? There are unique gifts within each of us, developed out of our life experiences--even the grueling parts. Recognize, clarify and magnify your gifts. Ponder these questions for they hold the potential to turn us toward True North (like that little Sunflower seed turns toward the sun):

1) What are your gifts?
2) How did these come to be?
3) How can these gifts be watered and then ultimately expressed?

Ah, good seeds for the springtime Memorial weekend. I would love to hear any insight and would be honored if you contacted me. I'm off to grab my watering can and begin watering. My soul magnifies....


2 comments/leave a comment:

  1. Unknown said...:

    True north star... I suppose we can think we know our north star only to discover once we apply ourselves - it really was not. I guess we cannot know unless we inch our way in the direction of a north star. Or can north stars change?

  1. Great inquiry. For me, when I developed the North Star metaphor, I envisioned a personal NS as constant and unchanging--a personal highest ideal which orients us in all situations: love, peace, compassion, joy, etc. These "stars" are eternal and inside each of us to nurture and turn ever toward. If your NS changes, I might suggest diving deeper into exploration with these IC NS blog articles

Post a Comment