Maya Angelou North Star of Courage

Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Good morning, Dear IC bloggers. I've had a most interesting morning so far, woke very early in a magical mood and pondered a realization for me--Dreamtime is a portal to "Heaven," a place I rest in consciously at night, pay visits to my loved ones and spiritual ancestors, rejuvenate and often wake with clear insight. I journaled a bit, writing the following IC blessing* for today:

Gossamer
©2014 Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com
Part night’s translucent veil, float on gauzy wings,
received by land of metaphor
as silkworms spin silver ropes
pulling you ashore.


I sent it off to my IC folks and proceeded to Facebook to post, where I discovered Maya Angelou, one of my favorite poets and memoirist had passed away early this morning. I paused, looked back on the words I had journaled about dreamtime being a portal to Heaven, reread "Gossamer," and just smiled and filled up with gratitude. Maya Angelou continues to speak, continues to influence me--Energy never dies, it just changes form (IC Truth #2). Maya was a lady who understood the concept of North Star and being committed to a personal guiding light. One of my favorite quotes from her is about the North Star of Courage, she said, "Courage is the most important of all virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently." Maya lived her North Star growing up in the South during a time of tremendous racial tension and change. 

Maya, your life was sweet-water on a fire, you were the river flowing around the obstructions of injustice. Thank you for your bright light and the muse you have become, may your passing be gentle. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment