I See Dead People

Monday, June 20, 2011
I woke up this morning thinking of my grandma who would have celebrated her 101st birthday today. She passed on a little over a year ago. As I say my prayers while looking out over the snow-capped mountains, I notice more snow has receded with summer's approach, and the moon is beginning to wane. I get to pondering the second Inner Constellation truth: energy never dies, it just changes form. Is Grandma's spirit living on?

The phone rings and it's my nephew. He's getting ready to suit up for the Labor and Delivery room. His baby girl is making her arrival known--June 20, the same day my grandma was born 101 years ago--her DNA has changed form inside this new little life. I see my grandma's sweet smile like it's only yesterday. The muse has caught wind of my thoughts and brings a poem:


Unbridled Lullaby
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

You come in dream,
gliding on formless space.
Boundaries are lost,
I end where you begin.

Lyrics written upon my heart,
draw forth a harmony.
Voices from the times of yore,
serenade:

“Come, walk into my spirit,
come, walk into my arms,
come to me,
and every care will be gone.”

Heavy-laden head,
falls into lap,
no longer thinking you away,
but breathing comfort.

Where you end and I begin,
no other can define.
The road is mine and yours,
and our melody goes on….

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment