Wild Woods and Roads Less Traveled

Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I took off on my early morning run today. Jogged about 50 yards, rounded the bend and then noticed a sign that stopped me dead in my tracks, "END." The bright yellow, standard road-side triangle marking the end of the paved street had stood there for years, but I hadn't taken such stark notice before. Its message jumped out at me, "END," yet directly beyond the sign was the forest trail my feet were seeking. For me, the sign was deceptive. It wasn't the END, the dirt trail beyond was actually the BEGINNING. What stopped me in my tracks was the sign's perfect metaphor in languaging (my made-up word) the energy medicine I practice on a daily basis. Energy therapy is a subtle force that often stretches into the unknown, unmarked terrain, similar to the dirt trail beyond the clearly marked sign. The path energy travels is often full of brambles, thorns and is not well-marked or clearly demarcated. In other words--it's wild. When I practice energy techniques, I enter into the wilds and work with whatever presents, no matter how funky or seemingly unrelated. In fact, when I tune-in and go beyond the obvious and deeper into the woods, the connections the body makes are astounding.

My feet hit the dirt path with renewed vigor, and I was long gone, not seen again till sun crested high in the sky.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment