"I Feel For You...I Think I Love You."

Friday, June 24, 2011
Today, I want to consider something called chakras--a Sanskrit word translating as, "wheels of light." Sounds like an Inner Constellation to me! Chakras are described as subtle energy centers located on the main branchings of the nervous system. I'm going to tell you a secret, I didn't really have any visceral experience of the chakras until I met my husband and received his bear-hugs from behind ("Let me take you in my arms, let me fill you with my charms, Chaka!"). My hip region (to say it politely) would literally blaze hot as fire. Initially, it was embarrassing as my love exclaimed, "You're cookin'!"

What the heck was going on? "Chaka, Chaka, Chaka, Chaka Khan." Take a look at this most excellent chakra diagram. You can see how each of the seven energy centers are aligned along the spine or central nervous system. If you've read the "Energetic Anatomy" blog post, you may recall that the meridians, channels that carry subtle energy to the tissue and organs of the body, also converge along the spinal cord. You can read about each specific chakra online, but what I wish to consider are the spinal cord and nervous system that interacts with the chakras and meridians. Anatomically, it's proven that peripheral nerves branch from the spine and communicate to muscles and tendons as well as connect to various organs. Can you guess where the largest conglomeration of these nerve bundles are located? In six of the seven chakra locations (minus the crown chakra, said to be the source of the sacred).

On a daily basis, I consider how I use my energies (in a positive way) to effect other people's nervous systems. I also consider the activities that assist my system in flowing smoothly. Yoga is an activity that professes strengthening the chakras and nervous system. Stillness, meditation, EFT, hypnosis and prayer are also activities proven effective in activating the bodies energetic channels. Of course, you could also receive or give a little love and literally feel the body light up! "Chaka Khan let me tell you what I wanna do. I wanna love you, wanna hug you, wanna squeeze you to...."




0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment