9-11 Tribute Beyond NYC

Tuesday, September 11, 2012
As I watch the remembrance ceremonies, I think of the two "North Stars" or truths of my Inner Constellation work:

1) Energy never dies it just changes form
2) Everything, no matter how challenging, has the ability to be transformed

It's been eleven years since 9-11, yet the energy of the tragedy is still very much part of the lives and memories of people gathered at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the field in Shanksville, Pa. It's also a global day of remembrance for the citizens from over 90 countries who lost their lives. Loved ones speak of still hearing the voices and seeing the hands and faces of those who passed. Living reminders are apparent in the children present and the features or traits very much expressed. In the traditional reading of the names, I find myself recognizing transformation. Every single thing is in a constant state of flux--what does 9-11 have to teach us eleven years later?

There's mention of "Patriot Day" established as a reminder to help those struggling with loss and to take care of one another. I know this state of goodness is inherent in the majority of people when a tragedy strikes--it's the driving force for transformation. 

I'm determined today to remember those who passed by seeking every opportunity to be kind--energy never dies, it just changes form. This evening I will end my day of remembrance in my backyard garden. I will turn on my waterfall, clean my birdbath, groom my garden and all the while be awake to the change of season, the interplay of lengthening light before my eyes, on my skin and occupying the attention of my senses. I will give praise and pray peace for all those remembering, and by their very act, transforming 9-11. Everything, no matter how challenging, has the ability to be transformed. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment