"A-hunting I will go to catch a wong-eared wabbit!"

Monday, October 3, 2011
Many months ago a friend recommend I watch the movie, "Rabbit Proof Fence." Oh my gosh, if you want to be inspired by the resiliency of human bonds, it's a must see. The movie opens with a beautiful metaphor--a rabbit-proof fence that runs the length of Australia, built to keep rabbits out of the agricultural land. Now, you all know I'm down with this measure (if you're scratching your head, thinking, "huh", read my past post, Everything is Energy)! As the movie progresses, however, the Australian aborigines become the hunted and relocated. Rabbit Proof Fence is a true story about three remarkable girls who push beyond man-made barriers. I was left pondering a truth I've grown increasingly sure of--the human tendency to believe we are somehow separate from one another leads to trouble. We are not separate, of this I'm certain. From where did this false notion derive? I have a theory and it's expressed in the poem below:


Belief of Separation
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

First man, first woman,
Adam and Eve,
cast from the garden,
somehow severed from their Creator.
Has anyone considered this question:
How can creation ever be separated from its Source?
Perhaps, that old devil snake pondered the same.

If banishment from Source is possible,
then might I, too, cast you from me:
judging,
dominating,
converting?
With walls erected
and flaming sword drawn,
I become God’s cherubim,
guarding the Eastern gate,
convinced I hold the keys
to your salvation.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment