Untitled Rumi

Tuesday, September 27, 2011
It's the start of a good week whenever I rise early, write a poem and have the joy of perfecting it as the days progress. Part of my morning writing ritual is flooding my senses with inspiring poetry as soon as I awaken. One of my favorite poets is Rumi. Often I see a line he wrote so many years ago and wish he were alive today to expand on a line or two. Then, I remember--energy never dies, it just changes form....


Untitled Rumi
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

“When one of us gets lost, is not here, he must be inside us.”
                                                            ~Rumi
Beyond words, tone, volume
and all crutches used to communicate,
or perhaps disguise,
there are underlying feelings:
expressions,
mannerisms,
some call it, ‘body language.’

Crutches draw all eyes to the obvious hobble,
the physical injury in plain sight.
But what condition is the heart, the very center?
Is it wide-open,
walled-off,
content,
lost?

To feel your way inside,
through constant,
pulsing,
subtle energy,
holds up the magic mirror.
Don’t be surprised if you see yourself
reflected there.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment