"Letting Go"

Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Yesterday Tahoe received the first snow fall of the season. As I watched the autumn leaves release from the branches, the November IC theme emerged--"Letting Go." I'm inspired to practice holding onto nothing, being as the leaves and letting go of the past beautifully.

I had an opportunity to look deeply at this theme yesterday, as my work took me into a situation with an enormous amount of suffering. Today, I sit in front of my crackling fireplace in comfortable layers, having just finished a bowl of warm oatmeal. I sip my cinnamon tea and contemplate the happiness in my heart, even though the conditions of yesterday transpired. What is this ability to be present with suffering and yet still find the qualities of peace, compassion and joy? I believe "letting go" may be one ingredient and the understanding that my love is greater than my suffering.

I've come to a monumental conclusion of late in my daily practice--suffering seems a result of holding on; the more I can let go, the more my suffering ceases. When I let go, my peace, compassion and care can grow and interestingly, my capacity to be with suffering increases.

Sitting in front of the fire, writing this article, I am warm, comfortable, empty, and in this state, it's much easier to be filled. I look forward to practicing "letting go," with you all in the month of November. May your day be filled with sweet practice opportunities.

1 comments/leave a comment:

  1. Unknown said...:

    Thank you for this, dear Karla. <3 :)

Post a Comment