Why meditate?

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Often, when attempting to write a blog post, the lines turn into poetry. So, for once, I’m going to just let them be, well, lines of poetry…

Sunday morning meditation,
sign into the Zoom-do
as perfect little squares
pop on to screen. 

Dear spiritual family,
one by one, smile,
join palms,
bow,
as each enters,
settles
in the Morning Light. 

Facilitator invites the bell,
begins a chant of purest tone,
familiar Pali sounds caress ears
and then...
all thought, ceases. 

I’ve been subdued, in the best possible way.
After 20 minutes, I’m left with an answer to a question,
I did not know I held….
Why do I meditate?

Clear as the bell,
the chant,
the tone,
is the answer— to touch something larger in me.
larger in the challenges,
larger in this society,
so tired, so lost.

I meditate to touch capacity.
How could I have not known this?

Insight arises when ready
to see beyond
my boundaries.

~*~~^``*~’~*


Rest of the day, attuned to what expands: sunshine, gardening, connection, my beloved, Bene the cat, writing, singing, poetry, cup of blueberry tea, soft fabrics, wildflowers, smell of wild Sierra Rose petals, lungs filled with alpine air….

What is the question, you are not aware you hold? What are the conditions that break the question wide? What is the answer?    


0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment