"It Was Not A Dream," says the Plum Blossom....

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Hello Dear Beautifuls, many of you know that the balance of creating amidst the muddiness of life can present challenges that I embrace. Why? Because the most beautiful story ever told is one of hitting rock bottom and coming up into freedom and renewed life. I had a taste this week. 

I was walking mindfully in Sacramento this weekend, fully enjoying the 70 degree day when I caught a whiff of the most amazing smell. Here is what transpired...

It Was Not A Dream
©February 12, 2022 Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

Blue sky day,
I am walking...
fragrant warm breeze
entices my nose to follow,
head turns just right to see--
newly budding Plum Tree
on dark branch,
crookedly framing waxing moon,
two days from full.
Stop,
Breathe,
Smile.

Hiroshige (1797-1858)

It is February,
I am walking.
All conditions align 
to offer
peaceful, unseasonable,
precious moment.


Image: Hiroshige (1797-1858)

*`~~*-`*~~`*

I was walking for insight into a family situation and had decided to take my loved one on a walk with me, to give our minds a rest and simply find some beauty, then...the wafting fragrance.

The following day, I had a peaceful conversation with my loved one and we talked for almost an hour, from our hearts, connecting like we hadn't connected in a long time. The moon and Plum Tree remained with us. 

Then, today, I was sitting with Morning Light Sangha (Mindfulness Community), and the facilitator read this passage from Dearest Thich Nhat Hanh: 
"Look into a plum tree. In each plum on the tree there is a pit. That pit contains the plum tree and all previous generations of plum tree. The plum pit contains an eternity of plum trees. Inside the pit is an intelligence and wisdom that knows how to become a plum tree, how to produce branches, leaves, flowers and plums. It cannot do this on its own. It can only do this because it has received the experience and heritage of so many generations of ancestors. You are the same. You possess the wisdom and intelligence of how to become a full human being because you inherited an eternity of wisdom not only from your blood ancestors but from your spiritual ancestors, too." 

         Thich Nhat Hanh~No Fear, No Death

The sappy pants within me is tearing up as I write. Is it enough to be with our loved ones and simply breathe? Simply see within them peace, beauty and hope. Yes, the moon and the Plum Tree say...yes. Thank you to our ancestors, those in blood and spirit, who have come before us and know how to walk and how not to walk this path. 

The plum tree is blossoming and the moon is almost full. Its light penetrates all things.  

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment