Sister Falling Leaves

Thursday, September 22, 2016
I write this first day of Fall while watching storm clouds build over Mount Tallac and roll this way. Wind has picked up as leaves and pine needles drop to the ground. A sweet mantra has formed out of my day's blessing send,* a three word reminder to carry me through the rest of today: sister-falling-leaves. This mantra is inspired by a recent retreat to Deer Park, a Mindfulness Community of practitioners. My biggest take-away was the role of community and the tools of mindfulness to keep me going in the direction I wish to go (ie Charting the Course). Community and practice are my foundation and both water (so tenderly) my seeds of determination to live a happy life.
 

9/22 InnerConstellation.com Blessing*: Magic of Fall


Cottonwood roots bump up through hard ground,
to catch sister-falling-leaves, gladly,
knowing these heart-shaped bodies
nurture and become her own.
 
 ©2016 Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com



Experiencing the stability, peace and collective energy of community, I'm supported and therefore can be stability and peace for others. The roots of practice: meditation, the teachings, sutras, bell, teachers and ancestors hold us, they are solid and share our determination. Strong roots produce beautiful leaves, and as they go through their full glory, transformation and release, the roots catch their sister-falling-leaves, knowing they are not separate but dependent on one another for a good life. 

I also have much gratitude for Lake Tahoe Mindfulness Community, my home group, who share in the desire to practice compassion and understanding in ourselves, toward our loved ones and our local community. On this first day of Fall, the storm approaches, the leaves and pine needles drop, but sister-falling-leaves knows the comfort of being held and supported through whatever the season offers. 


*Mon-Fri InnerConstellation.com blessing sends are my gift to you. Please contact me if you would like to receive and benefit from short and sweet inspirations.  

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment