Purple Rain on Earth Day

Friday, April 22, 2016
"Purple rain, purple rain....I only want to see you underneath the purple rain."

I heard the news yesterday afternoon with nostalgia--remembering his amazing vocal range, Prince was at times unbelievable to me, magic. He is an amazing example of someone who broke stereotypes and refused labels and in the process gave his audience an intimate performance of music. His lyrics are so poetic, my heart was won at an early age.

Yesterday, I went on with my day and in the evening, I noticed I had a heavy-heart, very unlike me, and as I did my evening chores, I couldn't quite put my finger on it; then one of my Tahoe moms sent a text:

"Are you sad that Prince died?"

Yes, yes indeed I am.  I hummed Purple Rain most of the day and realized we lost a holy one who knew he was in his element when he was singing--he exuded that in his voice, in his flowy actions, in his impact. When we are in our groove, Momma Earth sends that vibration out to the four corners and beyond--we strike chords within the hearts of many and that precious gift lives beyond form.
Honey, I know, I know I know times are changing
It's time we all reach out for something new,  that means you too...                                 let me guide you to the purple rain 
RIP, sweet Prince.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment