Diligence Practiced Beautifully

Tuesday, January 5, 2016
It’s a miraculous process that when we place our attention on something (become mindful), the opportunities to practice present. January Inner Constellation theme is diligence, and yesterday I had the awesome experience of witnessing a student with a disability overcome a challenge in the class room, exhibiting determination that was heroic. The student is legally blind and we made adjustments such as his and my positioning, marker color, the size of my writing and a plan for how to convey visual communication among students. I was grateful for the lesson he modeled —how to set up conditions for success.

I left the classroom asking myself how I set up conditions for success, so I’m able to practice my North Star of compassion and keep love alive?  Self-care is a huge condition for success in addition to having time, not rushing so I can notice opportunities to practice my North Star.  I asked a question of a colleague yesterday that brought tears to his eyes, “How are you nourishing yourself?” He’s struggling to take care of two immediate family members suffering with terminal cancers. We take care of the InnerConstellation so we can generate the compassion it takes to notice the suffering in others and help alleviate and bring joy into their lives. Without a personal practice, it’s easy to be swept away by strong emotions, the to-do list, and general pace of life.

Diligence and setting up conditions for success translates into “Chart Your Course,” in Inner Constellation language. Every moment we have the opportunity to orient toward our North Stars or go in other directions. How will you “Chart Your Course,” in the direction you wish to go? A huge compass for me is my community of practice (Lake Tahoe Mindfulness Community), cherished friends who are dedicated to peace, understanding and love. Even just one solid person in your life can provide the support needed to move in a beautiful direction. I would love to hear about your practice of diligence this month of January, please feel free to contact me so we can build our community of practice. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment