Mindful Easter Weekend

Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter everyone. Hope your weekend was filled with beautiful awakenings. I spent a lovely weekend meeting new friends at Fresh Breeze Sangha in Davis, CA and then went to a Day of Mindfulness at Wisdom Meditation School in Vacaville, CA. The next DOM is June 27 and it's on my calendar if anyone wishes to ride share. To tie a bow on my beautiful Easter weekend, I then met with friends in the Thich Nhat Hanh tradition on Sunday and we had lovely Dharma discussion (scroll to paragraph 3 for a definition of dharma). When I finished, I sat down to sing my thanksgiving for a beautiful weekend and many things peculated inside leading to this gift, enjoy.... 

Wisdom
©April 5, 2015 Karla Johnston InnerConstellation.com

“Wholeheartedly day and night, disciples of the Awakened One should recite
and meditate on the Eight Realizations discovered by the Great Beings.
The First Realization is the awareness that the world is impermanent….”*

All things change—nothing exempt.
River at first glance appears the same;
yet, waters flow anew every moment.

Container, sweet river bank, holds gently the currents:
of loss, suffering, a smile, glance, a loving caress,
knowing their nature to transform.

Breathing in, I allow water’s touch and movement,
breathing out, spacious heart receives its passage,
clean and pure.




0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment