RIP Sweet Robin Williams

Tuesday, August 12, 2014
I was crushed yesterday, hearing the news, as I'm sure you guys were too. I thought of this month's Inner Constellation theme: Loving-kindness. Robin Williams is the poster child of loving-kindness. A man who brought so much joy and happiness to others, he was a light. I thought too of the loving-kindness practice and the first step which is loving-kindness or well-wishing toward oneself. Phrases I use are the following:

May I be happy, healthy and strong,
safe and protected, free from inner and outer harm,
may I live in my world with ease and grace.*

Robin William's death drove home the importance of nourishing others and nourishing oneself. Here was a man who brought happiness to millions of people but couldn't bring sustained happiness to himself--tragic. RIP sweet Robin and thank you for your pursuit of joy:

May you be happy, healthy and strong,
safe and protected, free from inner and outer harm,
may you live in your world with ease and grace.

Click to explore the life changing practice of loving-kindness.


*adapted from the Loving-kindness or Metta phrases




0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment