I'm a Sucker for Feathered Friends!

Monday, August 11, 2014
Look who came for a visit this morning!
I woke this morning with an idea to extend the InnerConstellation August loving-kindness theme* to loving-kindness towards others, then, literally, this opportunity happened....


Loving Kindness to Feathered Friends
©2014 Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

Sickening crunch of bird hitting window, you know the sound.
I go outside to find
an olive colored bird,
belly up.
Extend a hand,
right the tiny body
and give her a soft place to land,
carry into rising sun and wait:
I take in each feather on her exquisite frame
while remembering safety, strength and warmth--
feel it in my whole being.
When eyes flutter and head droops,
I speak softly her perfection.

Twenty minutes go by like this until
well-wishing becomes reality
and in a perfect instant
she simply takes flight
onto a pine branch
waiting to receive her. 



Please consider doing an act of loving-kindness toward another today, I'd love to hear about it!

*If you'd like to receive the Inner Constellation Monday-Friday Blessing in your inbox, please contact me to receive this gift. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment