Thunderstorm of Mindfulness

Friday, July 18, 2014
Mindfulness Practice*
 Wedn. 7:30-8:30a The Studio Lake Tahoe
This week in our Mindfulness Community Practice group*, I vowed to use sound as a conscious tool to bring me back to the present moment. Yesterday I had the perfect opportunity to practice my intention. After days of unproductive afternoon clouds, a thunderstorm produced a beautiful refreshing and much needed rain. The sticky pollen that coats everything in the Sierras this time of year ran in yellow rivers, and luckily, I was in a position to stop and soak in a much needed downpour. Enjoy the offering....


Listen, Listen

©2014 Karla Johnston,InnerConstellation.com

Rumbling sky
calls me home.
I stop what I am doing
and sit beneath dark canopy.
My thoughts ride the stifling summer air,
shift, 
as moisture collects itself.
Thunderclap 
heralds the completion. 
Raindrops pitter patter, soft,
then let go with total abandon,
refreshing everything in their paths,
no discrimination.

Might I, too, be falling rain? 


*Mindfulness Community Practice is every Wednesday from 7:30a-8:30a at The Studio, Lake Tahoe. Come join us to
practice in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment