Step Into Nature's Paint Palette

Friday, October 28, 2016



This week in Mindfulness Community (LTMC) we're studying the 5th Mindfulness Training: Nourishment and Healing. Over the last two days I've had a visceral experience of this by way of the rain. After many months of drought it's a blessing to soak in and appreciate the moisture, literally sitting with the sight, sound, smell and touch as well as enjoying walking meditation in nature's paint palette, splashed in the colors of fall and being nourished and healed big time! The 5th Mindfulness Training discusses mindful consumption but not only confined to food. It expands to nourishing our sense impressions, volition (North Stars) and consciousness. In community we discussed media and how its bombardment can be all consuming. What are ways in which the influx of information we absorb can ensure we're sustained and inspired, versus depleted? Please email thoughts or visit LTMC's FB page. We're just beginning our exploration. Take a peek at this week's training and consider joining LTMC as the discussion and practice will be insightful these next few weeks: 






Fifth Mindfulness Training: Nourishment and Healing


Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful consumption, I am committed to cultivating good health, both physical and mental, for myself, my family, and my society by practicing mindful eating, drinking, and consuming. I will practice looking deeply into how I consume the Four Kinds of Nutriments, namely edible foods, sense impressions, volition, and consciousness. I am determined not to gamble, or to use alcohol, drugs, or any other products which contain toxins, such as certain websites, electronic games, TV programs, films, magazines, books, and conversations. I will practice coming back to the present moment to be in touch with the refreshing, healing and nourishing elements in me and around me, not letting regrets and sorrow drag me back into the past nor letting anxieties, fear, or craving pull me out of the present moment. I am determined not to try to cover up loneliness, anxiety, or other suffering by losing myself in consumption. I will contemplate interbeing and consume in a way that preserves peace, joy, and well-being in my body and consciousness, and in the collective body and consciousness of my family, my society and the Earth.*

*The Five Mindfulness Trainings, Plum Village Mindfulness Practice Centre, Thich Nhat Hanh

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment