Solid and Free, I Choose to Be....

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Hi Sweet Ones, I'm getting ready to head out on my mindfulness retreat in a couple days and I had a thought--to wrap up this months Inner Constellation theme of GROWTH with a poem. I took the March IC blessings* and wove them into an offering that I hope will continue your month's growth spurt and bring, above all, solidity and freedom. I will be taking this poem with me on retreat, and it'll serve as an anchor to my practice. All love and care. TTFN (Ta Ta For Now). 


Growth
©2014 Karla Johnston,
InnerConstellation.com

Soaking in sun’s rays envisioning only beauty in my past day—
tendrils of thought sprout, spiral,
seek solid form,
something to entwine,
take hold and
penetrate.

These are seeds I’ve consciously watered:
Love,
Gratitude,
and perhaps most importantly--Self-compassion.

Roots, before tender shoots, must sink in deep;
ground before establishing the slightest wisp of form
or else, in raging winds and times of rain,
are blown asunder.

In the midst of all this creation
roots must also seek hibernation,
when Mother Earth extends
her dark mercy…

Then, when solid and free,
flowering tree
will rise,
reach out sturdy limbs
and soak up Earth’s light,
fully sanctified. 



*IC blessings are gifted to your inbox Monday-Fridays. Sign up by contacting me or finding me on Facebook or Twitter (@ICNorthStar)

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment