Poster Child for the IC Blog!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Out now, an Inner Constellation read
I adore Malala Yousafzai. She did it again, spoke clear, unquestionable ideals that rendered Jon Stewart and her audience practically speechless. Below you'll find links to her interview on The Daily Show. Here's a transcript describing her approach to her Taliban persecutors:
"I used to think that the Talib would come, and he would just kill me. But then I said, 'If he comes, what would you do, Malala?' Then I would reply to myself, 'Malala, just take a shoe and hit him.' But then I said, 'If you hit a Talib with your shoe, then there will be no difference between you and the Talib. You must not treat others with cruelty and that harshly. You must fight others, but through peace and through dialogue and through education.' Then I said, 'I tell him how important education is and that I even want education for your children as well. Now do what you want.'"
Interview part 1  (6:16)

The "take a shoe and hit him," comment got lots of laughs, however, in Arab culture it's a deep insult to do such a thing. Feet are the lowest part of the body and anything in association with them are considered unclean (thus the big hubbub when Jesus attempted to wash the feet of his disciples, it wasn't just the stink).

Malala speaks her North Star of equality so clearly and her Charted Course, with all its challenges, one of which was the attempt on her life, derailed her, but ultimately she's back on course. In fact, her North Star seems to be shining even brighter making Arrival eminent. Her message is full of hope and inspiration, and I wish now to share the rest of her interview so you may equally allow her words to wash over you, resource you and encourage you on your Inner Constellation journey.

Interview part 2 (5:28)

Interview part 3 (4:10)

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment