Preciousness of Life

Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Life is precious. Experiencing the loss of Life drives this truth home and presents our mortality in a way that can't be escaped. One of my dad's favorite verses says, "Why, you don't know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? You are but a vapor, that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." 

Precious Life (consciously capitalized, for it is holy), demands immediacy, requires active participation in this moment, right NOW, for tomorrow is never promised. NOW because this moment is pure creation--this thought, this action, this feeling. How am I expressing my precious Life? Am I adding to or taking away from other precious Lives? I feel a poem coming on, when sentences fail, I go to imagery....


All Hail!
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

Holy Ones, who understand the pull of this life,
stand on the shore, hailing the waves in the sea,
trying so desperately to get our attention,
but we see only our own momentum—
how the tide recedes.

Wake up
to precious Life!

Shout and join the supplication
before rising from fallen knees.
What is your imprint,
on those walking by,
before it’s washed out to sea?


Here's the IC challenge--Precious, Precious Life, smile to at least one person today. Notice their imprint and bring encouragement. Tell me about it, I want to hear how you are spreading the love and joining the Holy Ones. 

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment