Monster Storm Sandy

Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Watching the news and touching base with family on the East coast over the last few days, I'm reminded of the innate difficulty in watching the suffering of others and the natural human impulse to help. I recalled a poem I wrote the night before the huge earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. I woke the following morning after writing this poem with the lines echoing in my mind, gently challenging the surreal scenes unfolding across the TV screen:

Reality
-
state of things as they are or appear to be,
rather than how one might wish them to be
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com
March 10, 2011
Creation--pervasive,
omnipresent
and boundless.
Encompassing everything—
everything?
Creation interacts, there is no exception.

Nothing is exempt:
birthing, strengthening, celebrating,
decomposing, taking away, mourning.

Even sickness, catastrophe, tragedy….
honestly?
How might I respond if I lived Creator’s* reality?


*I have always felt that names such as God, etc, attempt to contain what is uncontainable. "Creator" is the closest I've come to finding an awkward fit.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment