"I'm on my go, go, go...gadget flow!"

Monday, August 8, 2011
Settling down on Monday after a busy weekend, I thought to share an insight. The other day I was rushing a bit trying to get somewhere and drove past a sprinkler misting a lawn in the first light of morning. It glowed like only the union of water and sun can do and rather than be inspired, I said to myself, "Don't look, there's no time." Can you believe it?! The silliness of snubbing beauty because I was too busy! Here's my AHA--when I hurry, I don't take time for beauty. I had inadvertently trained myself to ignore and not look if I was rushed and had to arrive somewhere. Well, Dear Friends, you'll be pleased to know that I slowed down to the speed limit :) and just took it all in. And guess what? I was not late but arrived exactly on time. I made a commitment to plan time to entertain beauty and snag the blessings offered for the taking every day. To retrain or realign one's sights to the priorities of life (North Stars) takes tremendous discipline. Slowing down and not rushing are ways for me to chart my course in the right direction. Lupe Fiasco, I'm stepping off the gerbil wheel!

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment