Everything is My Beloved

Sunday, February 21, 2016



Ahhh, a 51 degree Tahoe Sunday, and I'm once again out in the winter garden, sitting with the feathered friends, writing, brush stroking and absorbing this sweet day. Then, as warmth and light tend to do, the seed cracked open -- and Hafiz, found me....




Today
by Hafiz

I
Do not
Want to step so quickly
Over a beautiful line in God's palm
As I move through the earth's
Marketplace
Today.

I do not want to touch any object in this world
Without my eyes testifying to the truth
That everything is 
My Beloved.

Something has happened
To my understanding of existence
That now makes my heart always full of wonder
And kindness.

I do not
Want to step so quickly
Over this sacred place on God's body
That is right beneath your 
Own foot

As I 
Dance with 
Precious life 
Today.  

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment