Increasing Our Capacities

Monday, February 23, 2015
Lately when I do my mindfulness practice, I find myself with this intention:

  • May my capacity to receive be increased

I've been working such well-wishing into my Metta phrases. Something I've experienced in my life is that Creation is in a constant state of transmission; I however, do not always have the capacity to receive.

Two things should be defined here. What do I mean by Creation? Goodness, God, the ancestors, blooming life itself, happiness, peace, joy, love....You get the point. What do I mean by receive--I don't always have the capacity to receive what? Goodness, love, joy, wisdom from those who trekked this road before ie my spiritual and blood ancestors (Inner Constellation Truth #2 Energy Never Dies It Just Changes Form).

So with all this beautiful Goodness flying around, how do I expand my capacity to receive it? Especially in the midst of daily hubbub, emails, blah, blah, blah. After continuing to sit with my intention, a smidge of insight emerged:

  • take time for stillness upon waking and come back to this center through out the day
  • sit in the presence of the stars, moon and night sky--the very same palette that lit the sky of my heroes: Joan of Arc, Buddha, Martin Luther King, etc--and soak in these inspirational points of commonality. No problem, I'm a lover of the Inner and Outer Constellation!
  • read words of inspiration that filled the minds, intellect and wonder of the great ones. Crack open Song of Songs, the Suttas, poetry, listen to "I have a Dream." Nourish and water wholesome seeds.
  • and then, these words from one of my teachers Thich Nhat Hanh, graced my mind in meditation this morning (wait, was that transmission?!!?!)
"There are so many paths leading to the homeland. They all talk to me in silence. I invoke the Absolute."
Invoke...how do I invoke? By being goodness, happiness, peace, joy, love. When these energies are embodied, and expressed to others (especially in the midst of the hubbub, blah, blah, blah:), Creation never dies but continues on....It's a practice. May our capacities to receive the Goodness be increased. Yes, indeed, Happy Monday.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment