Happy Valentine's to the Presidents! Wait...What?

Sunday, February 15, 2015
Hi Sweet Ones, hope you're enjoying this incredibly beautiful weekend holiday infusion of Valentine's Day on Saturday and then President's Day on Monday. Three day weekends rock!!!

I woke today all loved up from Valentine's Day with lines from the Gettsyburg Address in my head (I'm an Abe Lincoln freak) and I pulled together a little gatha (mindful verse) adapted from the lines tumbling around:

Founding ancestors, thank you;
Dearest Abe Lincoln,
for insisting on a nation of people:
conceived in liberty,
dedicated to the premise--
all men and woman
are created equal.*

 *adapted from Gettysburg Address

Tomorrow I'm planning a little President mindfulness walk. I'll be heading out into my Tahoe back yard with the gatha above to lead me. Best day and hope you consider honoring our founding ancestors with a little love of your own. 


0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment