"Like a Bridge Over Troubled Waters..."

Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Three practices are essential to me when charting my course for the North Star. I think of them as bridges enabling me to cross troubled (sometimes raging!) waters:

1) Body Practice
2) Mind Practice
3) Spirit Practice

Today I'm hankering to look at Spirit Practice. A simple definition of Spirit Practice is stillness: meditation, mantra, breath work, prayer, hypnosis, journaling, EFT, anything that provides a daily dose of peace, quite and contemplation. Spirit Practice is time reserved to connect and align to your North Star. The type of stillness varies according to the individual, but daily practice is most essential. I think of stillness as two parts, a time set a side to process and a time set aside to listen. For many people, creating is a Spirit Practice: writing, painting, dancing, cooking, singing--you get my point. Creating is one supreme example of harnessing life-affirming energy. One of my mom's spirit practices is gardening. She goes out into her flower beds and realigns when life is chaotic around her.

What's your Spirit Practice? Ooooo, I feel an Inner Constellation Challenge coming on: I want to hear about your Spirit Practice. Contact me here with "IC Challenge Spirit Practice" in the message box and you're entered in the monthly drawing for a no-charge Skype session. If you need reminding of the IC Challenge, check out details. Consider experimenting with a daily Spirit Practice and you'll be on your way to reaching your North Star...

"Sail on Silver Girl, Sail on by, your time has come to shine...."

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment