Self Care for Trumpsters and Hillary Lovers

Friday, November 11, 2016
It's a new day, have faith my comrades. Everything once shaken up, eventually settles. Can we hold the possibility of perhaps being pleasantly surprised? Populations of American voters are self-professed dissatisfied and cast their vote for a change in status quo. Can our practice of peace see past left and right, democrat and republican, black and white, woman and man to listen with compassion and understanding?

In these days following the election, we have riots, protests, cry-ins, safety pin movements. Me, I sat with my community the morning following the election, had dinner with my dear beloveds and opened books of poetry. In all these acts of nourishment, there is pure wisdom that guides through any "perceived storm":




"I once asked a bird,
how is it that you fly
in this gravity of darkness?
The bird responded, 'Love lifts me?'"

~Hafiz, The Gift




0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment