Momma Moon

Friday, October 18, 2013
I've been watching the moon closely the last few nights, feeling her move toward full. I recalled a poem I wrote some months back, commemorating my favorite moon--the 3 day moon (waxing or waning, I love the crescent). When I read this one, I'm reminded to resource, resource, resource the natural world. I certainly do so with the lunar gift of light. Enjoy....

This Morning’s Moon
written 1/28/13
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

Thank you for your enduring light,
shining through cold dark till morning.
I am devotee, as again I feel my heart turn,
translucent in the face of your familiar opacity.

You, the faithful one,
present through all phases of life:
quarter, waxing, full,
waning, crescent, new….

Eve after eve, hanging in night sky, seemingly unchanging,
as down below I bore the early years of clouded chaos;
and still, a growing, pulsing light
as I moved thousands of miles from my beginnings.

You, ever shining one, remained
while I searched a foreign land for tranquility,
until, I finally stopped, stood still
and emptied to your fullness.

Now, you turn toward dark,
reflecting, allowing,
separating like dross,
knowing gold will be more precious for it.

I sense the waning inside.
I’m yet to understand this diminishment,
but I have learned to trust a wisdom beyond
and yet encompassing my own knowing—

Every single thing, even you,
Dear Constant Moon,
grows full only to empty
once again.

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment