Dang it, I'm just going to say it--Happy Easter!

Friday, March 29, 2013
Hope your Easter weekend is starting out as well as mine--my momma just sent me a package of home-made peanut butter eggs and they are delicious. Popped one in my mouth before going for a run and it sustained me!

I was watching the news the other night and it seems lots of folks are getting their panties in a bunch over the word "Easter." I chuckled because all the drama juxtaposes to a book I'm reading just perfectly. The book is written by a Neurosurgeon, Dr. Eben Alexander, who had a Near Death Experience (NDE) and lived to tell--unbelievable story. He is a traditional medical doctor who didn't believe in any way, shape or form in such things and was completely changed upon waking from seven days spent in deep coma. Ironically (or not, depending on your world view), the brain doctor was struck by an E. Coli infection that wiped out his neocortex. I highly recommend the book, and unlike many books on NDE it has no religious connotations whatsoever, so therefore, it's non-offensive ("Happy Easter!" Sorry, I'm feeling devilish tonight, must be 'cause I'm all sugared up on Momma's eggs). Anyway, read the book, it's incredibly inspiring and when you're done, you won't get your panties in a bunch about much of anything, because well, there's a much bigger picture to the great wide world. Isn't that the point of the Easter holiday, by the way? We're not just flesh and blood, but we're souls that can transcend anything, yes, even death. Resurrection is totally cool, the concept aligns perfectly with the Inner Constellation truths:

1) Every single thing is energy
2) Energy never dies, it just changes form
3) Every single thing, no matter how challenging, has the ability to be transformed

Amen, to that. Oops, no offense. Enjoy the day and eat lots of chocolate--we're going to transcend these bodies someday anyway :) Seriously, if you're interested in a truly awe inspiring, make-you-feel-good read, check out Dr. Eben Alexander's book, Proof of Heaven (in spite of the title, remember, no religious connotations:)

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment