Spring has Sprung!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012
A storm hit my mountain town this weekend and inspired a contemplative piece on resiliency. Hope you all are healthy, strong and feeling like spring chicks :) 

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb
©Karla Johnston, InnerConstellation.com

It is spring.
I am 2,695 miles from my childhood place,
my family of origin:
ebbs, flows, impressions, memories of that land.
I sit inside my warm home,
watching snow fall:
swirl, lift, rise before it settles.
I am peace.
Unsuspecting storm reminds--
peace wasn't always so.

Gratitude remembers freedom's blossoming:
bared feet, sink toes in deep,
curl around a sun-warmed sandy shore.
Breath I did not realize I held, releases.
Awestruck at the depths,
I look across watery layers: turquoise, cobalt, royal blue
and only after receiving my fill
take further in
surrounding spring drenched mountains.

I am peace.


1 comments/leave a comment:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Another storm in Tahoe along with your poem strikes a symbolic chord regarding sudden and unexpected disruptions in peace...the importance of coming back to center amidst the storms.

Post a Comment