The Bane of Your Resistance!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Howdy, Doodies! I just blew off the afternoon and spent it in my garden, coaxing up green growing things and fully rejuvenating. Then, of course, it was tough going back inside as the sun set and picking up responsibilities, so...decided to shirk work and let spring fever overtake me by creating a blog article!

I got to thinking as I was planting seeds and watering my newest garden friends that I truly do not want this season to escape me. I absolutely adore springtime, besides the popping of new life, my schedule tends to relax about this time of year, and I often aspire to begin personal projects that, sadly, do not always come to completion.

From a holistic framework, springtime often engenders the creation of something new, fresh and budding, but unlike the natural world, which will always coax the newness into fruition (i.e. summer), human beings like myself often start out with a pop, but then fizzle. I tend to do this most consistently with my goal of writing. I love to, love to, love to write, yet with all the other hurry-flurry of life, writing often gets placed on the back burner even though I feel pent up and passionless if I don't let the juices flow. OK, so all this said and done, keeping company with my tender, growing friends inspired me to accept a writing challenge:

Commit to write for 15 minutes a day, period; no more, no less, unless of course you wish to continue. 

More writing hints such as the above can be found at The Bane of Your Resistance blog. Don't you just love the catchy name? The author, Rosanne Bane, explores a fascinating angle of neuroplasticity and the brain, in search of answering the question--why is it so hard to find time to do what I love to do? Check it out for more awesome ideas. I refuse to allow Spring and Summer to slip out of my hands (which means I'll be spending more time in my back yard and writing for at least 15 minutes a day:). Happy Spring everyone, and may it encourage new life into whatever you are most passionate about!

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment