Exercising Freedom by Following One's Inner Compass

Friday, January 20, 2012
AAAARRRRGGGG! It's been almost two weeks since writing a blog article! I apologize, never has it been so long. A loved one had fairly extensive surgery, and I was focused on his comfort. Good news is--tapping came to the rescue once again. My charge is doing fantastic and he attributes his quick recovery to the meridian tapping :) OK, so I bit off a huge bite in my last article, saying the month of January would address "freedom" as a North Star. We discussed my favorite seeker of freedom, Joan of Arc, last article, and this week we celebrated Martin Luther King, Jr. So, I was thinking, why not highlight these two stellar examples of freedom exercised at its finest.

To me, one definition of living free means to follow one's inner voice. Joan did this par excellent, even when her internal compass went against the authority of her age--the Church. MLK is another such person recently honored for his persistent voice of freedom in the face of social injustice. His internal compass of equal rights for all was perhaps best expressed in his "I have a Dream," speech. Both Joan and MLK maintained their personal visions even when they were not yet reality. For MLK equal rights would be another twenty years in coming after his death, and interestingly, for Joan, the same span of years would pass after her burning before her people were free from English occupation.

For both MLK and Joan, living free was first perfected on the inside. If you were to live free and follow your inner compass what would life look like? My wish for myself and others is inner freedom regardless of circumstances and the exercising of our dreams until they become reality. In the closing words of MLK, "Free at last, free at last, thank God, Almighty, we are free at last!"

0 comments/leave a comment:

Post a Comment